Quilting: Intro to Quilting (3 Part Class)
Adult Advanced Beginner
Location: Leilani Studio
Squeeeee! We are SO excited to have Barbara Oakley, quilter extraordinaire, on our team and she can't wait to teach you all about quilting! Learn the fundamentals of machine quilting in 3 fun and entertaining lessons! We’ll cover the essential tools and techniques, color and fabric selection, constructing blocks, and more. Everyone will share their tips, tricks and discoveries with the class. By the end, you’ll have a baby-sized quilt top and a new set of skills to build on!
- Start Quilting with Alex Anderson, 3rd edition (C&T Publishing, ISBN 978-1-57120-812-5) – available on Amazon
- ¼” foot (optional, but recommended)
- All-purpose thread in a coordinating or neutral color
- We’ll be making the Sampler Quilt (p. 41) in the book listed above.
- The fabric yardages used are listed there.
- You can use the suggested colors or pick your own.
- Prewash your fabrics before class.
Class Level: This class is for Adult Advanced Beginner/Intermediate Sewists. Previous experience with machine sewing, several completed sewing projects and some pattern reading is required. Please email us if you are concerned you may not be at the right level for this class.
Cancellation Policy: No refunds are offered for classes or camps. Cancellations received 72 hours before class start, will be able to redistribute their class fees to another class/camp. Cancellations received less than 72 hours before class start or no-shows forfeit their class fees. We are unable guarantee the same class or session will be available for rescheduling. Arriving more than 30 minutes late for class may be a forfeit of class fees.