Kids Camp: Fabric Design
Location: Leilani Studio
Ok we have to admit, we are SO EXCITED for this class! We have had it for several years and while perusing new class ideas we found some great new ideas for fabric design! In this class the kids will work with a variety of different fabric painting techniques from tie dye, sandpaper art, stamping, screen printing, sharpie tie dye, mosaic painting, and several others. We will create several t-shirts with original designs, several mosaic wall hangings as well as a cinch tote made out of the fabric we paint and stamp. So excited!
Day One: Screen Printing and Stamping
On Day we will learn the basics of screen printing on t-shirts and other objects. We will also start tie dyeing out t-shirts, our sharpie mosaics wall hanging and stamping large pieces of fabric for bag construction on day 2.
Day Two: Bag Construction and Mosaic Fun
On Day Two we will take our textiles and make a fun cinch tote (because no class is complete without a bit of sewing). We will also finish our tie dye shirts, sandpaper art shirts and mosaic wall hangings.
Supplies to being for Sewing:
- Three t-shirts. Light colors are better for the kids to play with different colors.
- 2 7" embroidery hoops (for wall hangings to be taken home)
- 1 yard of solid colored cotton fabric for tote (please pre-wash fabric and no stretchy fabric)
- 1/2 yard of solid colored cotton fabric for top of tote (please pre-wash fabric and no stretchy fabric)
- 2 yards of strap material for tote straps (is also called webbing, think of the straps on a book bag)
General Camp Supplies:
- PLEASE dress the kids in clothing that is ok to get paint/dye on. Although we try to keep the kids clean sometimes it does get on the clothing.
- Lunch and any other snacks or drinks
- Appropriate outdoor wear for lunch (we go out and play at the park)
Class Level: This class is for Beginner Kid Sewists ages 7 and up. No previous experience is required.
Finished Project Policy: We want this to be a relaxing experience and although we try very hard to finish in our time together, life happens. If you do not finish in time you are more than welcome to sign up for time during our drop-in studio times to finish up. This will be complimentary and for no charge. Let's have fun and finish!
Cancellation Policy: No refunds are offered for classes or camps. Cancellations received 72 hours before class start, will be able to redistribute their class fees to another class/camp. Cancellations received less than 72 hours before class start or no-shows forfeit their class fees. We are unable guarantee the same class or session will be available for rescheduling. Arriving more than 30 minutes late for class may be a forfeit of class fees.