After School Yarn Arts Program
Made is overjoyed to be in our 5th year teaching the world of sewing to your sewists all over the Seattle Metro area, both in our studio and at their schools. We have taught over a 1000 young sewists the art of sewing, and how to channel their creativity into wearable art. Our goal is to have fun, learn to sew, be creative, and have sewing adventures that last a lifetime. We are so excited to be branching out into the world of yarn arts! In this after school club we will explore the world of all that is knitting, crochet and hand embroidery. We have oodles of fun projects from finger and loom knitting to crochet, hand embroidery and needle knitting we will cover a wide variety of yarn arts.
Each Club Session is specially tailored to your school dismissal time and academic calendar.
- Session Length: There are eight to ten classes per session based on your schools academic calendar.
- Class Times: Class lasts approximately 60-90 minutes and begins based on your school's dismissal time.
- Age and Experience: We welcome all ages of students to this program
- Equipment: We provide all instruction and supplies. School's provide a space for up to 12 students.
- Pricing: Pricing depends on the age of students and the number of participants. We also offer scholarships for students in need.
What Will They Learn?
So much that it's hard to list it all, but here are some of the many things they will learn and experiment with…
- Finger Knitting
- Loom Knitting
- Hand Sewing Techniques
- Hand Embroidery
- Needle Knitting
- Pattern Reading
What Will They Make?
Oodles of fun stuff! We like to take into account the interests and experience of our students in each class. On our first day, we do a fun hand embroidery or finger knitting starter project. We then ask what they are interested in making over the course of our time together. After that, the yarn world is ours to play in, while fitting in as many fun projects as we can! Some previous projects have been:
- Embroidery Projects to be hung or sewn
- Phew...the list goes on and on!