After School Sewing Program
Made is overjoyed to be in our 5th year teaching the world of sewing to your sewists all over the Seattle Metro area, both in our studio and at their schools. We have taught over a 1000 young sewists the art of sewing, and how to channel their creativity into wearable art. Our goal is to have fun, learn to sew, be creative, and have sewing adventures that last a lifetime. No matter what their level of sewing we have a host of great projects for them to do and work hard to change them up each session and year.
Each Club Session is specially tailored to your school dismissal time and academic calendar.
- Session Length: There are eight to ten classes per session based on your schools academic calendar.
- Class Times: Class lasts approximately 90 minutes and begins based on your school's dismissal time.
- Age and Experience: We welcome students 7 years of age and up. No prior sewing experience is necessary.
- Equipment: We provide all instruction, sewing machines, supplies, and fabric. School's provide a space for up to 12 students.
- Pricing: Pricing depends on the weeks within a session and the number of participants. We also offer scholarships for students in need.
What Will They Learn?
So much that it's hard to list it all, but here are some of the many things they will learn and experiment with…
- Sewing machine use
- Sewing safety
- Hand sewing techniques
- Cutting fabric
- Proper use of sewing equipment
- Recycling Clothing
- Fabric Painting
- Fashion Design
- And so much more!
What Will They Make?
Oodles of fun stuff! We like to take into account the interests and experience of our students in each class. On our first day, we do a fun starter project. We then ask what they are interested in making over the course of our time together. After that, the sewing world is ours to play in, while fitting in as many fun sewing projects as we can! Some previous projects have been:
- Pillows with secret pockets
- Monster Stuffies
- Messenger Bags
- Circle Skirts
- Pajama Bottoms
- Bow Ties and Ties
- Towels with Animal Hoods
- Infinity Scarves
- Tote Bags
- Holiday Gifts
- Phew...the list goes on and on!
If you are interested in our mobile after school program please email us at email@example.com