Quilting: The 5 Hour Finish
Adult Advanced Beginner
Location: Leilani Studio
Squeeeee! We are SO excited to have Barbara Oakely, quilter extraordinaire on our team and she can't wait to teach you all about quilting! Are you just learning to quilt? Do you have quilt tops piling up that need to be finished? Dreading the task? Let’s take the fear and pain out of it. Come join us for an afternoon of fun and we’ll all finish together. We'll show you some quick and easy ways to quilt your tops in no time so they look sharp and wear well. Then we’ll bind them entirely by machine so you can start enjoying them right away. Let’s get all those UFOs out of your closet and show off your amazing work!
- Completed quilt top ready for quilting. MAX size is 40x60 inch quilt.
- Batting sized to your quilt top
- Batting should extend ~2” beyond the edge of the quilt top on each side
- Backing fabric sized to your quilt top
- Backing fabric should extend ~2-3” beyond the edge of the quilt top on each side
- Prewash your backing fabric
- Remove selvedges and piece your backing before class, as needed
- Binding fabric
- Yardage should be indicated in your quilt pattern
- Prewash your binding fabric
- 50 wt. quilting thread in a coordinating or neutral color – Aurifil is an excellent brand
- Safety pins or 505 adhesive spray
Call if you have ANY questions!
Please Note: The instructor and Made Sewing Studio cannot guarantee that you will complete your project if one or more of the following applies:
- Your quilt is designed for a full-sized bed or larger.
- Your block size is very small compared to the overall size of the quilt.
- Your desired quilting pattern is comparatively dense over the size of the quilt.
- Your quilt top requires structural corrections or changes before quilting.
Class Level: This class is for Adult Advanced Beginner/Intermediate Sewists. Previous experience with machine sewing, several completed sewing projects and some pattern reading is required. Please email us if you are concerned you may not be at the right level for this class.
Cancellation Policy: No refunds are offered for classes or camps. Cancellations received 72 hours before class start, will be able to redistribute their class fees to another class/camp. Cancellations received less than 72 hours before class start or no-shows forfeit their class fees. We are unable guarantee the same class or session will be available for rescheduling. Arriving more than 30 minutes late for class may be a forfeit of class fees.