Pants Fitting & Construction
Adult Intermediate Sewing
Pants. Just the sound of that word sends us running to a dress or skirt in fear of fitting and construction issues we inevitably run in to. (If you're British it sends you into a fit of giggles...which is a whole other problem) You know what though, there is no reason to let pants get the best of you. In this class you will come with cut and sewn muslin of your pants that you are wanting to make. In class we will fit each person's pant, work through fitting issues, alter the pattern you are using and start cutting and constructing the pants out of your chosen fabric.
1. Your sewing pattern. Ladies: we suggest the Sewaholic Thurlow (Shorts of Pants), Colette Patterns Clover or Juniper, or any other pattern you fancy. Gents: We suggest Thread Theory’s Jedediah Pants
2. Please review the back of the envelope to see all fabric and notions you need to bring to class.
3. Bring a muslin (cotton) version of your pattern pre-cut/sewn using pattern pieces for your chosen pants or shorts so we can start fitting right away.
4. Bring your fashion fabric (what you will ultimately use for your pants/shorts) pre-washed, and uncut.
5. We say this because we love you. When choosing fabric keep in mind that once washed, it will be considerably thinner than it is in the store. “Bottom Weight Fabric” does not always mean “sturdy”. (Hey, we didn’t choose that phrase for them). Always ask how it will wash and, when in doubt, take a swatch and wash it at home to see how thin it becomes.
Class Level: This class is for Adult Intermediate Sewists. Previous experience with machine sewing, several completed sewing projects and some pattern reading is required. Please email us if you are concerned you may not be at the right level for this class.
Finished Project Policy: We want this to be a relaxing experience and although we try very hard to finish in our time together, life happens. If you do not finish in time you are more than welcome to sign up for time during our drop-in studio times to finish up. This will be complimentary and for no charge. Let's have fun and finish!
Cancellation Policy: No refunds are offered for classes or camps. Cancellations received 72 hours before class start, will be able to redistribute their class fees to another class/camp. Cancellations received less than 72 hours before class start or no-shows forfeit their class fees. We are unable guarantee the same class or session will be available for rescheduling. Arriving more than 30 minutes late for class may be a forfeit of class fees.